In the first of IBLF’s monthly sustainability news roundups, we highlight 5 items – spanning opinion pieces, news stories, videos and blogs – that we found compelling. Take a look:
1. Top climate scientist James Hansen passionately articulates his views on climate change in a TED talk: Watch “Why I must speak out about climate change“
2. Writing for the Guardian, Pamela Ravasio highlights the impact of water scarcity on the fashion industry: Read “How can we stop water from becoming a fashion victim?”
3. The Rio+20 earth summit will take place later this year. But what are some of the key issues that stakeholders need to tackle?: Read “How Rio+20 can herald a constitutional moment”
4. Five Scandinavian countries sign an Accord to create the world’s first ‘sustainable meetings region’: Take a look at the story here.
5. Top sustainability blogger David Coethica comments on Apple’s supply chain: Explore “Apple’s Ethical Watershed“